AOL Mail or America Online mail is the free web-style email service. It is basically a part of Verizon Communications. It is the second most subscribed email service as first is Gmail. In 2012, AOL had approximately 24 million users.
AOL email service is very convenient and user-friendly. You can use AOL mail app for your smartphones. AOL mail is one of the oldest email service providers which was started in back 1993, and become an official web-based email service provider in 1997.
Although the AOL email service has not so many features and add-ons as we get in most of the free email services today. However, the simplicity of use makes it no.1 in my opinion.
- 1 AOL Email – Features and Benefits
- 2 AOL Mail – Best Email Service for Android
- 3 AOL Mail Login – It’s All Easy and Secure
- 4 Aol.com Mail Login – Step-by-Step Instructions
- 5 AOL Mail Sign in – Problems and Solutions
- 6 How you can add new mail into AOL mail?
- 7 Why is AOL Mail Down?
- 8 AOL Mail – Questions and Answers
AOL Email – Features and Benefits
If we talk about service, AOL email is very user-friendly and suitable. It provides unlimited storage for saving your emails. You don’t need to erase old emails to get new ones. Creating a new mail is just a piece of cake in AOL.
All required elements are available in an informal format. So sending an email has never been easier like this.
Not only text-based emails are easy to send but also sending files, media and other types of attachments are quite simple. You can upload up to 25 MB attachment and uploading speed is super fine.
One more best part is, whenever you receive an attachment email, you will be able to see a thumbnail of the attachment. Therefore, if we take it as a security concern, then we can avoid spam emails and send them to the spam folder.
There is a number of folders for a different type of email. Each folder has its own category; your emails will automatically go to the most suited category or folder.
Below are some more interesting features of AOL email.
- Vast compatibility which supports, POP3, IMAP, SMTP
- More enhanced built-in Anti-Virus
- Grammar spelling mistakes checker
- Up to 25 MB of email attachment availability
- SSL/HTTPS supported
- Mailbox storage p to 1000 new emails, 4000 old emails, and 4000 send emails.
- Easily compatible with other email services like Gmail, Yahoo, and Hot Mail.
- 250 GB mailbox Space
AOL Mail – Best Email Service for Android
For Android fellows, this is what you are looking for. It is far better than any other free email service at least in some of the scenarios. For example, when you send a number of email to one recipient, the emails convert into conversation style like the Messenger. You can easily read the old message just by scrolling up or down the screen.
Android user can set up an auto-reply for all incoming emails. This feature allows you to send an automated email to the sender when you are out of the reach.
You need to install AOL email app in order to get maximum features of the email. You can get AOL mail app below.
You need to save your draft manually if you want to do so. Because in AOL mail they are not offering an autosave feature of a draft mail. If you leave an email in the box, it will be vanished if would not save.
AOL Mail Login – It’s All Easy and Secure
AOL mail login is not a tricky task. You should be a member in order to log in. AOL mail is pretty different from other business email providers. It requires no special software or app to log in and send emails. You can use any web browser like, chrome, safari, Firefox or even internet explorer. Yeas even “Internet Explorer”. I know it hurts.
Just visit the official website for AOL mail login. Which is mail.aol.com. You need to login in order to send emails and messages fluently.
Before going to login to AOL mail, make sure you are registered with it. If you are not be registered yet, don’t worry, follow the instructions for AOL mail sign-up.
- Open the browser and visit the official website, mail.aol.com
- Now go to login page
- Click on signup button for registration
- Now provide your information like the first name, last name, a strong password, phone number, date of birth and gender
- Choose an email address of your choice
- Now click continue for further procedure
- Now you need to verify the phone number that you entered during sign up
- You will receive a code on your phone, enter that code into the text box
- After entering the code, you will be redirected to your dashboard
Aol.com Mail Login – Step-by-Step Instructions
Now you have created email account successfully it’s time to log in to your AOL mail account. Sometimes, it’s become hard to log in to AOL mail due to some glitches. You should be aware all of that errors and problems so you can prevent any kind of hassle during AOL mail sign in.
Most of the time it was only a fault in your browser’s setting, but due to lack of knowledge, you have to face failure while trying to log in to your AOL account.
We will discuss all possible issues and problems regarding AOL mail sign in. but first, we go to the login guide for AOL mail.
Login instructions are quite easy and required not any expertise. Make sure you are on the right page and website when you are trying to AOL mail login. The original and official website for AOL mail login is mail.aol.com.
Let’s try to login to my aol account.
- First, go to the official site of AOL login
- Make sure you are on the right site, which is mail.aol.com
- Make sure your browser’s address bar showing HTTPS secure connection
- Don’t use any open Wi-Fi connection. This may cause email hacking.
- Now on the main page, you will see login option, click on it
- Here you need to enter your login credentials like username and password
- Now click on the sign in button
- You are in!
That’s how you can simply log into your AOL account. However, if you are facing any trouble on the way to AOL login, just be easy. We are going to solve it below.
AOL Mail Sign in – Problems and Solutions
In case, you are facing obstacles and hurdles on the way to login, keep reading the post, we have solutions.
Some of the quick solutions are:
- Check your Internet Service
Most of the time it happens. While you are struggling to log in and beating your mobile screen or keyword, its matter with the internet.
The possible symptoms for No internet are:
- Getting a message “server is down” or “connection taking too long to respond”
- When you type in the search bar, it does not show search suggestions
- Even you may get a message “ no or poor internet connection”
If you are facing any of the above situations, call your internet service provider immediately and ask them to recover from the situation.
- Make Sure Your Browser is not a Reason
However, AOL supports all kind of browsers, but in some cases, you need to check your browser setting for sure.
- Disable your adblocker if you have on so
- Go to your browser’s history and clear all the previous history and cache.
- Try to disable all extensions or ad-ones, as they may interrupting AOL.
- Try another browser if the problem is still persist
- Allow Access from Firewall & Anti-Virus
Sometimes, your anti-virus or firewall is the reason of problem.
- You need to allow AOL in anti-virus and firewall setting, as some time they measure it as a virus or spam.
- If the situation is still unsolved, then you need to uninstall your anti-virus and stop the firewall
Aol.com Mail Login Sign – Forget Password Recovery
So you have forgotten your username or password for AOL mail sign in and now you are looking for a way to recover. Don’t be sad, we have ways for you.
If you have forgotten your password or username of AOL mail, you can get it back easily.
Follow my footprints to get recovery:
- Go to AOL’s website aol.com
- Now go to login section
- You need to enter your login details on the login page, enter your username and now click on the continue
- On the next page, you will see the option “I forgot my Password “click on it
- Now the system will give you three ways to get recover your password, options will be
- Use Email ID for password recovery
- Use Phone number for Reset Password
- Answer the security question
- Select any off three options, which is convenient for you.
- Reset your password and log in
How you can add new mail into AOL mail?
AOL mail is free for basic purposes. However, if you want it for your business, then you may pay for it. You need to buy master account of AOL for your business activities. In the master version, you can add up to 7 mail accounts that can be a divide into the employees so everyone has its own email address.
In free version, you are free to add emails as many as you want.
Add a new username in AOL Master Version
- Visit the main website, mail.aol.com
- Go to sign in page and log in to your Master account
- After login, look for “Manage my Username”
- Click on it and add an email
- It will ask to add a screen name, so add it
- Now choose the category or new username, if it is an adult, click on the General.
- Select a security question for your username.
- That’s it
Why is AOL Mail Down?
AOL is also providing internet services along with the email. It is a huge ISP, which is covering most of the states in the US.
As an ISP, or even as email service, the user of AOL face troubles and problems often. It is because; the service is hugely spread in the United States. It happens often that AOL mail goes down.
If you are facing an AOL mail down, don’t need to be a worry. Most of the times, they solve it automatically. You even don’t need to contact them. However, if the problem persists for a long time, then you can ask them directly over the phone. Their service agent will guide you and tell you about the situation.
Here we would like to suggest some solutions that might help you to get rid of the problem.
AOL Mail Problem today 2019 – Solutions
Make sure you don’t have browser issues due to you are facing AOL mail down.
- Clear your browser’s history and cache
- Try to refresh the site again and again
- Change your browser, most of the time it works
If you are still in down situation, please check your DNS.
DNS stands for Domain Name System, it allows remembering a site by its IP address, and ISP provides this.
- You need to clear your DNS cache, to do so, go to Start menu, then command prompt, and type in the command “ipconfig /flushdns” and press enter. It will clear all the caches.
Call AOL support Team
This is the easiest way to ask for help from AOL. If your AOL mail is down or internet service as well, you can call AOL support team directly.
For this purpose, I am sharing their toll-free number with other important facts below in the table.
|AOL Phone Number||800-827-6464|
|Service Hours||Mon-Fri, 8 am-8 pm|
|Average Call Hold||6 mins|
|Current Call Hold||8 mins|
|Best time to call||8:15 am|
|Alternative Ways||Chat and Email|
|Call Back Availability||Yes|
|Real Human Agent||Yes|
|Percentage of Help Excellence||73%|
|Percentage of Communication Excellence||78%|
AOL Mail App
If you are an Android user, you can get AOL mail app for your android phone. Here is the way to install the AOL mail app.
- Go to Google Play Store from your android device
- Type “AOL” in the search bar
- Now choose “AOL – News, Mail & Video”
- Tap on it and install it
AOL mail app iPhone
IPhone users can also get AOL mail app free and easily. IPhone users can click on the following button for getting AOL mail app.
Alternatively, you can add manually by following the instructions
- Open your App Store ( Apple App Store)
- Type “AOL” in the search bar
- Select “AOL- News Email Weather Video”
- Enter your Apple ID and proceed
- Install and open it
AOL Mail – Questions and Answers
Is there still AOL email?
How do I access AOL email?
Does AOL still exist in 2018?
How can I recover my AOL account?
What is wrong with aol?
Is aol down?
Where is my aol mail?
Why is aol not working?
How to create a new aol email account?
Is aol going out of business?
How to block email on aol?
How do i change my aol password?
What does aol stand for?
How to delete aol email account?